1. solis /
Name and / or surname may be changed if there is one of the following reasons:
- the given name or surname encumbers the integration of the person in society;
- the birth register the name you want to add a second name (name, who in the register recorded the first to be regarded as a user principal name);
- a person wishes to add the surname of spouse's surname;
- the person wishes to acquire his or her family name in the direct ascending line;
- the person wishes to regain his or her family name or premarital surname upon dissolution of marriage or marriage annulment;
- the gender of the person has changed;
- one of the minor parent or both parents have been convicted of committing a deliberate, serious or especially serious crime (in this case, the name or surname (given name and surname) may also be changed by a minor who has not reached the age of 15).
Nationality can be changed once against his direct ascending line thereof within the limits of two generations, if he can prove the kinship with those parties.
A person who wants to change its name and / or surname or nationality, the General Registry Division, presenting a personal identification document shall be submitted to the relevant written submission to the (Reference), which specifies the name and / or surname or nationality and the reasons for the exchange of documents required. A minor aged 15 to 18 years of age submits an application with the consent of parents or guardians.
Name and / or last name change documents required:
- a photograph (4,5 x 3,5 cm);
- enable minors to both parents or guardian's written consent;
- the Orphan's court decision on freedom of expression and / or last name in exchange for compliance with a minor interest (if a person under guardianship or one or both parents have been convicted of committing a deliberate, serious or especially serious crime).
The change of nationality documents required:
- the father or mother's birth certificates or extracts from the birth register, which proves the kinship of the person with direct relatives, and the documents which confirm the nationality of the person;
- education document or other document attesting to the highest (third), appropriate to the degree of personal knowledge of the official language, if the person wishes to change the current nationality to nationality „Latvian”;
- enable minors to both parents or guardian written consent and the Orphan's court decision regarding the conformity of the change of the nationality of a minor interest.