State service portal
Information has been restored to the 31.08.2017.
Each person's life ends with death.In the event of death, it is necessary to complete formalities – represent and to register the death of the fact receive a death certificate.
Take the deceased's disposal.
Rodapé from estilo do site daApple, que usa um truque com radio para ter uma solução 100% CSS para mostrar ou recolher um menu. Aqu. troquei o radio Pori Duve e links.
● If you have called emergency medical assistance (NMP) and the man is dead in the presence of medical staff, as well as the probable cause of death was known – NMP team leader in the medical documentation captures biological death of fact and issue an appointment (pavadlapu) of the dead man's arrival in the morgue. The basis of this document, the funeral service providers or morgi dead may be accepted and put in a low-temperature chamber.
● If biological death of NMP in the vehicle, the deceased show no signs of violent death and has been carried out the deceased's personality, the man's body was transported to hospital pathology department at the morgue.
● If a man has died a violent death ( has been a conflict situation, had an accident or suicide) or is about the suspect then call the police (National Police Helplines 110), which will decide what further action, and, if necessary, with the decision will be determined by a forensic medical examination, as well as to organise the conveyance to the State Centre for Forensic Medical Examination.
● If a man has already been sick or complained about feeling unwell and died at the home of natural causes, and relatives are aware of death, be called the deceased's family doctor, who reveals the fact of death and provided with the medical certificate regarding the cause of death.
● If a man died on the weekday evening, at night, weekend or holiday and family doctor is not available, contact your doctor or health clinics in the next morning, if it is a working day, calling the deceased's family doctor.
Medical certificates for deceased family doctor regarding the cause of death is entitled to issue these days, if the deceased family doctor has visited the family doctor and his health condition has not been known, and consequently the probable cause of death was not known. In the case of unknown cause of death the family doctor on a secondment necropsy (autopsy), so that the cause of death.
● If the family doctor who takes care of was a person cannot determine the cause of death and there are no obvious signs of violent death, he / she shall organise the body of the deceased human pathology department of an in-patient medical treatment institution (morgue).
●If you do not know the family doctor who takes care of has been the deceased person, or dead persons not established a family doctor, to no one may apply to any other family doctor.
Without medical certificates for the cause of death, emergency medical team at the place of secondment (pavadlapas), a family doctor deployment or in the Police (on the performance of an expert-examination) of the necropsy (autopsy) morgue late shall be inadmissible.
●The relatives of a deceased are placed in a morgue can make their relatives or funeral services provider. In this case, you need to specify whether an agreement with the funeral service provider is closed only for the transportation of the deceased, or they will also be in the contract / agreement on a full service package. The mourners should be assessed more funeral services provider services offered and prices, before concluding the agreement.
The man's death, the State Police shall be informed of the facts:
● In order to clarify the dead man's personality, if this is not known
● if the deceased are visible signs of violent death or has professionally substantiated suspicions regarding a violent death
● if the pathologist, performing the pathological-anatomical investigation finds signs of violent death
●If a man died outside the home, you need to call emergency medical assistance (NMP), calling the phone "113"
●If the dead man's identity is known and its relatives are on the scene, NMP team leader of the fact the position of the medical documentation of biological death and provided with the assignment (pavadlapu) of the dead man's arrival in the morgue. On the basis of the relatives of the deceased (pavadlapas) or a funeral service providers can be delivered to the dead in the morgue.
●If the deceased person is not known, to call the police, calling the phone "110".If the State Police at the scene to identify the deceased's personality, but its nationals as soon as possible can attend the scene, NMP team leader of the fact the position of the medical documentation of biological death and provided with the assignment (pavadlapu) of the dead man's arrival in the morgue. On that basis, to the State Police were called upon the deceased's family indicate the dead man's funeral service providers for delivery in the morgue.If the personality of the deceased have not been established at the scene or the relatives of the deceased does not provide a burial service providers, the State Police employees shall be delivered to the State Centre for Forensic Medical Examination, calling the service.
●'s relative or other close human failure, necessary to apply to the State Police. If there are suspicions regarding the death of a person may, in addition to apply to the State Centre for Forensic Medical Examination.
●Prison Administration shall arrange and pay the inmate's body from the prison to transport in the region in the existing medical treatment institution - the centre of autopsy pathology. A medical certificate shall be issued to the prison takes place on the cause of death.
● Apcietinātā or sentenced the disposal of assets as a result of his death shall be carried out by the prison warden or his plenipotentiary party on the basis of a medical certificate regarding the cause of death.
●Where a court medical expert-examination, shall be transported to the State Centre for Forensic Medical Examination and Medical certificate regarding the cause of death shall be issued by the State Centre for Forensic Medical Examination of the corresponding chapter.
●If detention or Prison Administration shall have access to information on the next of kin, then this information is notified by one of them.
●Pension Office of the fact of death shall be notified to the city or municipality self-government general registry authority in the form of medical certificate regarding the cause of death and the dead man's Passport or ID card, if such documents in a prison is located.
●After the fact of death registration the official or employee shall issue a death certificate, upon request, detention or his plenipotentiary to the person who has announced the death of fact.
● Pension Office of the deceased's death certificate issued by the prisoner's relatives and inform them about the location of the dead body.
●If a man has died abroad, then associates with complete death shall notify the State Police, which is received from Latvia diplomatic or consular mission or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Sometimes to death the deceased's kin are notified of the friends, acquaintances or other persons.
●If the message being received with complete death abroad, nationals may communicate with the relevant country directly to the police, hospitals or forensic investigators to obtain information about the cause of death and the formalities which should be conducted with relevant country authorities.
● In case of nationals can communicate with the Latvian diplomatic or consular missionsin the country concernedfor information on formalities incurred by the deceased's family out to be transferred to Latvia.
●If the country of Latvia diplomatic or consular missions, their relatives can contact the consular department Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the phone during working hours, +371 67016364 or in emergency situations outside working hours and holidays +371 26337711.
●If the deceased person was is insured with ( for example, travel insurance), assistance, under an insurance policy, provides insurance company. If the deceased person has not been is insured with all the costs borne by the family.
●If the family wants to bury the dead in a coffin in Latvia, there is a need for the remains of the transport specialist, in hermetically sealed coffin (i.e., plumbing, or from an impermeable material). From the countries that are geographically far removed from Latvia, is often practised cremated remains – a transfer of dust to Latvia.
●Mirstīgo residue preparation and transportation after the formalities are carried out by the undertaker's. Associates need to get in touch with the relevant country or a funeral home - a funeral home in Latvia who has experience in international transport of deceased.
● Individual Funeral service providers offer a zinc coffin lease for the transport of the deceased.
●The death certificates issuedbefore submitting jānotulko Latvian institutions is a Latvian language. No legalisation or death certificates of certifying Endorsement (apostille) is not required if it is issued by the European Union, Member States of the European Economic Area or Swiss Confederation.
Information concerning the transport of deceased
● From 2017 January 1. the annual allowance may be applied for 6 months from the date of death.
● When the allowance shall submit a submission for the granting of the allowance.
● application submission for the granting of funeral benefit shall be free of charge for the SSIA.
●The right to receive a funeral benefit shall be insured person Family member or the person who actually handled the burial, if the deceased insured person (as it is understood the person who at the time of death is the status of an employee or self-employed person). This allowance is paid, even if the insured person or supported by the former family member died during the month following the end of the contribution period.
● A funeral benefit shall be granted also in cases:
- if dead socially insured person has dependent family member (minor child or a child aged under 24 years ago, who was studying at secondary or higher education institution);
- if the deceased unemployed person who has been the beneficiary of unemployment benefit or for which the last 36 months prior to obtaining the status of an unemployed person contributions against unemployment carried out not less than 12 months;
- if the dead of the compensation for loss or State social security benefit recipient.
●pension death his family or the person who has undertaken the burial, a funeral benefit shall be paid by the amount of a pension of two months.
● Relationship, demanding a death grant is not required to prove.
●Information about the funeral benefit and persons entitled to receive a death grant is available in the SSIA tīmekļvietnēBurial allowance” or portalthe www.latvija.lvunder the heading ‘Burial allowance’.
●The submission may be submitted electronically by completing aE-iesniegumuportalthe www.latvija.lvin the form or electronic documents. By e-mail, sent an application shall be signed with a secure electronic signature, adding time stamps.
●The application may be sent by postSSIA branch of the declared place of residence for the deador to submit in person at anySSIA department, orNational and local government in the customer service centre (VPVKAC).
● When onsite services, to present a personal identification document - Passport or ID card.
● Individual Funeral service providers offers an opportunity to help with funeral benefit, including the presentation as part of a full service prices. In this case, the deceased's relatives are entitled to become acquainted with all of the SSIA documents issued and funeral benefit.
●Graveyard – mostly cemetery land is owned by the municipality, therefore, the maintenance of cemeteries, graves for the award of the chapel, funeral arrangements are in use, etc.Local governmentbinding regulations.
● A local government in its owned the cemetery is entitled to operate the cemetery management function itself or to a funeral service providers.
●In order to receive the tomb, it is necessary to produce death certificates.
●Khi site digging you can also sort on a funeral service providers, in agreement with the municipality where graves are located. This is often paid services whose price would be clarified in advance.
●crematorium – cremation services in the territory of the Republic of Latvia may be provided only by operators who have received a special permit (licence) to perform cremation services, which shall be issued by the municipality administrative territory of which is located in the crematorium.
●Uma with cremated human remains may be put into the ground or placed in the columbarium (umu disposal site) in accordance with the relevant self-government cemetery maintenance rules.
● Signor Cornacchia Association in Latvia
The association of religious service providers in the Baltic States
The Association of European Signor Cornacchia
The Association of Latvian Signor Cornacchia
Riga Signor Cornacchia Society
● Signor Cornacchia association in Europe
In addition to information
● Competition Council a report on thea funeral service for market surveillance
● October 2005 the European standard EN 15017 / ICS 03.080.30 “Funeral Services – Requirements”. The standard is recommendatory in character. It is publicly available in English on the Latvian National Standardisation Institution„ Latvian standard ”tīmekļvietnē (LVS)https://www.lvs.lv/en/products/19654
● Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the heading ‘tīmekļvietnēAssistance in the event of death’
● Health Inspectorate under the heading ‘tīmekļvietnēThe dead man's body movement / pārapbedīšanas permission’
●Exhumation of human remains found in Riga municipal cemeteries
● Consumer Rights Protection Centre “Guidelines for the price of goods and services, including the implementation of fair commercial practices’.
Related laws and regulations
● 1963 of 24 April.Vienna Convention on Consular Relations
● 1997 of 6 January 1973 in the Republic of Latvia’ s ratification of international agreements on October 26.The agreement on corpses’
● 2004 August 17, MK noteikumi Nr. 725 ‘Vehicle conversion rules’
● 2005 July 19, MK noteikumi Nr. 523 ‘The procedures which are imported or exported from their country of the dead man's body, transported, stored, buried or cremated the body of the mandatory pathological-anatomical investigation and shall be carried out after the death of a diagnosis’
● 2007 March 27, MK noteikumi Nr. 215 ‘Procedures for the brain and biological death of a statement of fact and the transfer of a deceased human for burial’
● 2009 of 20 January, MK noteikumi Nr. 60 ‘The provisions on minimum requirements for medical treatment institutions and units thereof’
● 2010 May 21. jūnija MK noteikumi Nr. 565 ‘The rules on State and Local Government Institution Officials and Employees 15 Social Guarantees” etc., directly and indirectly regulate the provision of services sector and related activities
● 2010 May 29. jūnija MK noteikumi Nr. 600 ‘The provisions of the cremation’
● 2013 September 3 September, MK noteikumi Nr. 761 ‘The rules on the register of civil status documents’
● The Law “For local governments’
● The Law “And on the Protection of Human Tissues and Organs’
● The Law “The Maternity and Sickness Insurance’
●Civil status documents registration law
●The Law on Medical Treatment
●State Administration Structure Law
● Some of the relevant local government binding regulations regarding cemetery operations and maintenance requirements
● Riga City Council on 2015 April 28. the binding regulations No 145 ‘Riga City Self-government cemetery operations and maintenance rules’
● 1997 of 6 January 1973 in the Republic of Latvia’ s ratification on 26 October.international agreements “Treaty on the corpses”
● MK 2005 July 19. Regulation No 523 ‘The procedures which are imported or exported from their country of the dead man's body, transported, stored, buried or cremated the body of the mandatory pathological-anatomical investigation and shall be carried out after the death of a diagnosis’
● MK 2007 March 27. Regulation No 215 ‘Procedures for the brain and biological death of a statement of fact and the transfer of a deceased human for burial’
● MK 2009 December 20. janvāra noteikumi Nr. 60 ‘The provisions on minimum requirements for medical treatment institutions and units thereof’
● MK 2013 December 3. Regulations No 761 ‘The rules on the register of civil status documents’.
When authenticating, I agree and undertake to comply with the rules for the use of the electronic identification solution.
Thank you for using Latvija.lv workplace!Please close this browser window! If you have any comments you can send it to email@example.com.
Your session will expire in