State service portal
Article 110 of the Constitution
“Close and divorce” with the VIDEO attachment on the portal mana.latvija.lv
Rodapé no estilo do site daApple, qUE usa um truque com checkbox para ter uma solução 100% CSS para mostrar ou recolher um menu. Aqui troquei o checkbox por two e links.
● The legal basis for registration of marriage shall be determined by:
1)The Civil Law
2)Civil status documents registration law
3) Cabinet Regulation No. 761 of 3 September 2013 "The rules on the register of civil status documents"
Application for registration of marriage:
1) persons who wish to enter into a marriage shall, personally, submit a joint submission and other documents signed by both the local government family lists department of a specified sample;
2) an official of the family list department shall perform a check of the documents indicated and submitted;
3) a marriage shall be entered into not earlier than one month and not later than within a period of six months after the submission of the submission and other documents necessary for entering into the marriagein the local government's family list departmentif there is no marriageIn the Civil Lawthe identified obstacle;
4) a marriage shall be registered on the day specified in the correspondence section, in the presence of persons who wish to enter into a marriage and two adult witnesses;
5) in the course of the registration of marriage, an official of the family register shall present the information included in the marriage register to the persons by reading the marriage register;
6) an official of the family register shall ask the groom and the bride whether they wish to go into marriage;
7) the oral replies are confirmed by signatures in the marriage register, in addition to attesting the correctness of the information included in the marriage register;
8) on the basis of an agreement and the basis of the law, the official shall declare the marriage entered into;
9) after registration of the marriage, an official of the family register shall issue a marriage certificate to the spouses.
● banned marriage before reaching the age of eighteen. In exceptional cases, a person who has reached the age of sixteen may enter into a marriage with the consent of parents or guardians if the marriage is concluded with an adult. If parents or guardians do not refuse to grant an authorisation for no important reason, the Orphan's Court may grant the authorisation after the place where the parents or appointed guardians reside.
● by submitting a joint application signed by both of the samples (Annex 4 to the Regulations,The rules on the register of civil status documents), a valid identity document must be produced.
● persons previously married and not included in the Population Register shall present one of the following documents:
1) the death certificate of the former spouse;
2) a divorce certificate issued by a family list department or a sworn notary;
3) a court judgment entering into lawful force with which the marriage was divorced or recognised as invalid;
4) an extract or a statement from the divorce register or the marriage register with information regarding the divorce. If it is not possible for a person wishing to conclude a marriage to obtain one of the documents mentioned above, it shall be replaced by a judgment of the court concerning the establishment of that fact.
● in addition, a third-country national shall submit a document submitted by the competent authority of the relevant foreign state regarding the marital status in Latvia. This document shall be valid for six months from the date of issue if the document does not contain a shorter term of validity.
● at the same time indicate if, a third-country national submits a residence permit issued by a State other than the country of nationality of the third-country national or the visa person has to submit an additional document regarding the status of the family from the State which issued the residence permit (country of residence) or the visa.
Example: if a Pakistani citizen has presented a residence permit issued in Denmark, the person must submit a document on the marital situation not only from the State of Pakistan (as defined in the regulatory framework) but also from the competent authority of Denmark.
● if a person who has been granted stateless status, refugee status or alternative status in the Republic of Latvia does not have the necessary documents and they cannot be obtained, the relevant documents shall be replaced by a written declaration of that person regarding his or her family status (Annex 5 to the Regulations,The rules on the register of civil status documents).
● in order for a foreign public document to have power in Latvia, it islegalisable.
● a document issued abroad must be attached in accordance with the procedures specified by the Cabinet (Cabinet Regulation No. 291 of 22 August 2000 "Procedures by which translations of documents into the official language shall be certified") or a notarially certified translation in conformity withSection 10, Paragraph three of the Official Language Law.
● if the person who wishes to enter the marriage is a minor, the submission shall be accompanied by the parent or guardian of the minor person, or a written permit of the relevant Orphan's Court.
● if people want to enter into a marriage not in itin the local government's family list departmentin which they submitted an application regarding the entering into of a marriage, but in another section of the family lists or the clergy, the family list department, in which the application regarding the entering into of the marriage has been submitted, shall issue to them a statement regarding the examination of the documents necessary for entering The certified statement shall be valid for a period of six months from the date of issue.
● the surname of the person after the marriage is obtained according toArticle 86 of the Civil Law:
1) spouses may, upon their own wishes, select the maiden surname of one spouse as their total surname;
2) each spouse may keep his or her maiden surname during the marriage without accepting a common marriage surname;
3) one of the spouses may add the surname of the other spouse to his or her surname, except in cases where one of the spouses already has a double surname. Spouses can form a common double surname from the maiden names of both spouses. In this case, the last name of the spouses must be the same, so the spouses agree which of the maiden names will be the first in the double name.
● the foreigner's given name and surname in the entry of the marriage register, as well as in the marriage certificate, will be reproduced in conformity with the regulatory requirements of the Latvian language. The original form of the personal name may be entered in the transliteration of the latīņalfabētiskajā according to the identity document of the third-country national at the request of a person.
Example: Latvian citizen Janis Sams concludes a marriage with German citizen Charlotte Corfu/Charlotte Korff/.
The man at his own wish:
- may not change the surname Salmanis;
- may obtain the surname of his wife, Corfu/Korff /
- the double name Sams-Corfu can be obtained (it is not possible to obtain the original form in this situation).
The wife at her wish:
- may not change the name Corfu/Korff /
- may obtain the husband's surname Sama (although the person is a national of another country, it is not possible to obtain the original form for the surname);
- a double-name Corfu-Sama can be obtained (in this situation it is not possible to obtain the original form).
The spouses can also form a common double name from the maiden names of both spouses, namely John Sams-Corff and Charlotte Sams-Corfu or Janis Korff-Sams and Charlotte Corfu-Sams.
Example: Latvian citizen Uģis Sils concludes a marriage with American citizen Claire Row-Young/Clare Rowe Young/.
- may not change the name Sila;
- You can get your wife's surname Rov-Young/Rowe Young/.
(you cannot add a spouse's surname to your surname because the wife already has a double name and you cannot add one part of the wife's surname to your surname).
- may not change the surname Rova-Young/Rowe Young/;
- may obtain the surname of the husband, Sila (although the person is a national of another country, it is not possible to obtain the original form for the surname).
Articles 60, 61, 62, 63 and 64 of the Civil Law declare marriage as non-existent:
1) if the marriage has not been performed by an official or clergyman of the family list division;
2) entered into in a bogus manner, i.e. without the intention of creating a family;
3) entered into, spouses or one of them have not reached the age of 18;
4) at the time of entering into which one of the spouses has been in such a state that he or she has not been able to understand the meaning of his or her activity or to manage it;
5) which is prohibited due to the relationship of spouses;
6) at the time of the entering into of which one of the spouses has been in another marriage.
● a spouse may contest a marriage if he or she has been affected by a punishable threat (Section 67 of the Civil Law).
The national fee for marriage registration is EUR 14
If persons want a formal marriage ceremony, it is necessary to contact the chosen person.family list sectionto identify additional costs to be determined in accordance with each of the following:Local governmentprice list.
Marriage registration in church
● if the married people belong to the denominations of ev. - Lutheran, Roman Catholic, Orthodox, grandfathers, Methodists, Baptists, Seventh Day adventurers or Moses believers (judaists) and wish to marry a clergyman of his own denomination who holds a permit for the management of the respective denominations, they shall be married on the terms of the respective denominations. according toFor civil law.
● regardless of where persons wish to enter into a marriage (in the correspondence section or in the clergyship), an application regarding a desire to enter into a marriage shall be submitted to the correspondence department, which shall issue a statement after the examination of the documents. The issued statement shall be submitted to the cleric who will marry the persons. The certified statement shall be valid for a period of six months from the date of issue.
When authenticating, I agree and undertake to comply with the rules for the use of the electronic identification solution.
Thank you for using Latvija.lv workplace!Please close this browser window! If you have any comments you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your session will expire in